Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paginated Report visual not working

Hello,

I have PBI report published in a premium workspace and integrated with SF,  I added a Paginated report visual to the report and published it, it works fine in the web services however in SF only the paginated report visual is not working and when I click on see details I only get " an unexpected error occurred"

could someone help on why this is not working

Hi @shatha 

Did you use API to integrate with SF ? What is your data source for your report ? I found a similar known issue , the workaround is shown below :

• On the screen where you are configuring the Azure Analysis Service data source, add the feature switch to the URL: ?rdlSSOForASAzure=1
  • Set the data source to SSO by checking "Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery" and go through the "Sign in" process
  • On the Azure Analysis Service data source page, remove the feature switch (?rdlSSOForASAzure=1) from the URL
  • Set the data source back to OAuth2 by changing the "Authentication method" to OAuth2 and then unchecking "Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery" and then go through the "Sign in" process

If this solution doesn't work for you, you can go ahead and reply .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @shatha 

Did you use API to integrate with SF ? What is your data source for your report ? I found a similar known issue , the workaround is shown below :

• On the screen where you are configuring the Azure Analysis Service data source, add the feature switch to the URL: ?rdlSSOForASAzure=1
  • Set the data source to SSO by checking "Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery" and go through the "Sign in" process
  • On the Azure Analysis Service data source page, remove the feature switch (?rdlSSOForASAzure=1) from the URL
  • Set the data source back to OAuth2 by changing the "Authentication method" to OAuth2 and then unchecking "Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery" and then go through the "Sign in" process

If this solution doesn't work for you, you can go ahead and reply .

Best Regards,

shatha
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft 

we use API for the embedding with SF, however our powerBI admin tells me that there is no configuration done on azure service side besdie the size. the source for the paginated report is actually a powrBI report - does the report also needs to be in the premium workspace ?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @shatha 

Which API you used to embed report to SF ? There is currently a similar known issue , but the data source is Azure Analysis Service data source . So what is the data source of your report ? 

Best Regards,

shatha
Frequent Visitor

hi @v-yetao1-msft 

the source data for the paginated report is another powerbi report.