Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mobile view has to be updated manually

When you add charts to a dashboard, they are automatically excluded from mobile view. This means that once you have updated, you have to click on Mobile view and then click reset tiles, or they won't show up. This takes extra time and is uneccesary.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@billmanh

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 39090240
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@billmanh

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

This is by design indeed.

Very first time a user loads the dashboard in phone view mode; we show all the tiles. However once user opens the phone mode they could customize it to fit the phone screen. So when a new tile is added to dashboard, we don't want to automatically add it to phone mode to NOT break the customization.

Plus all the phone mode pins are LIVE, so if we automatically add the newly pinned tile to phone then it could break the customization done by dashboard owner. Please see https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-create-dashboard-phone-view/

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

billmanh
Regular Visitor

Don't you feel like this should be an option? Perhaps give some empowerment to the user?  This forces dashboard creaters to push back against rapid iteration because small changes require a lot of extra clicking and can not be done in an agile way. Each small change that you make to the dashboard has a thousand extra buttons that you have to click.  Would it, at least, be possible to set this in a bunch of preferences so that when you publish it automatically does what the user would like? It feels like you are trying to maximize the number of clicks per action.