Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Map Visual does not load all location automatically

Hi, 

I have PowerBI connected to a CRM system, where we have list of projects and their locations. 

Then I have a map visual, which shows all projects, but for some reason not all projects are loaded on the map.

If however I manually go (select) through every item, I will see it on the map. 

Problem is very well ilustrated when file is uploaded on PowerBi online. 

Screenshot 1a - When I open the report this is initial view I see. 

Screenshot 1a.PNG

I am certain that not all projects are snown, so, to find which ones are missing, I manually click through the list with projects. 

I click through all projects and, when clicked individually, they are displayed on the map. 

After I have clicked through all projects and remove selection from idividual item, I can see all projects on the map - Screenshot 2a

Screenshot 2a.PNG

So the takeaway is, when report is opened, not all the items are loaded on the map, but when you force load them (click through every individual item), they are shown on the map and I can work properly with the report. 

Any ideas why this might occur? Perhaps reason is that list with project is in one table and locations are in table that is 2-relationships-table away? 

Best regards,

Arvis

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please provide pbix file with us. You can upload it to your OneDrive and send the share link to me via private message if it contains sensitive data. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info