Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issues With Total Labels in Bar Charts

The Total labels in bar charts do not work with custom format strings added via calculation groups in Tabular editor, and the total formatting is not coming through correctly in the modern tooltips (measure was formatted as currency but in the tooltip no dollar sign appears).

Hi @emarshall ,

"The Total labels in bar charts do not work with custom format strings added via calculation groups in Tabular editor"

As far as I know this is not feasible, you may chek Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com)

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @emarshall ,

"The Total labels in bar charts do not work with custom format strings added via calculation groups in Tabular editor"

As far as I know this is not feasible, you may chek Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com)

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

emarshall
Advocate I

@v-xiaoyan-msft 

thanks for replying. The addition of the custom formatting for measures a month or so ago has fixed this issue, which means using Tabular editor for this is now not required.

please mark as solved.