Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filled Map: Colour Saturation Bug

The colour saturation does not work in the filled map function. Despite any value in the Colour Saturation field, the saturation in the map stays the exact same. In he follwing example evey city has a value of 1 (Distinct count city), but every city has a different colour saturation. 

Can we get this fixed? This since a filled map gives a good overview, much better thant the overload of circles when using the regular map.

MAPBUG1.pngMAPBUG2.png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mkooijmans

I cannot repro the same issue in May 2017 version of Power BI Desktop on my side. Please refer to my screenshot below. Each city has the same color. Could you please provide your PBIX file to me? You can upload it to online file service like OneDrive and share it.

Filled Map Colour Saturation Bug_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

mkooijmans
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your help, you can find a PBIX with a repro of the problem here.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mkooijmans

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 37179400
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mkooijmans

I've got response from the Product Team.

This is an issue with the data, not color saturation. If you don't have color saturation at all, you have the same issue where the colors vary. This is due to the shapes overlapping. It looks like the data has multiple entries that Bing maps to the same city area. I've created a defect to follow up, but more than likely, the data includes duplicates of some kind or it's an external issue with Bing, which isn't something we can act on immediately.

Best Regards,
Herbert