Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Essbase Connector

Hi Developers,

My company is using Essbase as one of our database and I am trying to use power bi to extract data and visulize it.

However, when I try to use the Essbase connector, it showed error message in the Navigator page when I try to expand to servers level as below:

"Cannot connect to Essbase Server at "Server Name". Network error [10061]; Failed to connect to [Server Name]"

After I review some online resources and discuss with enginners in my compny, we think it might be that your team updated the connector to work with the cloud version of Essbase, OAC, in time to demo at recent and upcoming Oracle conferences. This update seems to have “broken” the ability to connect to the on premises version of Essbase.

My company has a distributed installation. There is one foundation server and 3 Essbase servers. When I connect, it should be showing me a list of servers to choose from. The list may only contain the servers for which I have access. The error I am getting is probably because it is expecting Essbase on the same server, which is almost never the case.

My current version: 2.72.5556.701 64-bit (August 2019)

Kindly let me know if there is any update soon or unpublished solution avaivable.

Thanks!

BR,

Jon

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Auspice

Please create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Auspice
Regular Visitor

Hi Qinyun,

I think only pro users can create a support ticket...

BR,

Jon

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Auspice,

We have the same error as you indicated above. Did you ever figure it out?

Thanks

-Neda

blhart216beazer
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue. What was the resolution?