Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clear All Slicers Button Wont work

The New feature Clear All Slicers button (part of March 2023 release) works only for the 1st time in both desktop & Service. And it does nothing when you do some more slicer changes & try to use it 2nd time. When you click, it does nothing! It is of no use if this issue is not fixed. 

Any one else tried to use this? 

Hi @PavanRaj_S ,

Once “Single select” is turned on, the user must always have one default value selected in the slicer – you cannot have no values selected in the slicer, so the clear all slicers button cannot be used in single select.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @PavanRaj_S ,

It woks fine in my side both in Desktop and Service.

slicer.gif

Please try to resinstall the latest version:

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best regards,

PavanRaj_S
Regular Visitor

Can you please try this on single select values? I think the issue seem to be with single select mandatory prompts. When you select something & use Clear All Slicer, it defaults to the 1st value in the drop down for the 1st time & it does nothing from 2nd time onwards.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @PavanRaj_S ,

Once “Single select” is turned on, the user must always have one default value selected in the slicer – you cannot have no values selected in the slicer, so the clear all slicers button cannot be used in single select.

Best regards,

PavanRaj_S
Regular Visitor

I completly get it but i see some inconsistencies & mainly for single selects on version 2.116.622.0 64-bit (April 2023). Like it resets to 1st value in the slicer dropdown for 1st time but not from 2nd time onwards! But looks like it is resolved too in version 2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023). Thanks for checking & confirming the behaviour.

The_Bishop
Regular Visitor

I am still having an issue when trying to clear multiple slicers on a slide-in slicer pane (I have a lot of slicers that are supposedly needed). What I do not understand, though, is how the command works on the slicer pane but not on the corresponding button on the page itself.