Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug while uploading a pbix file to service

I noticed a bug when I was uploading a pbix file to Power BI service.

I was in my workspace and started uploading pbix there from get data button. So I would normally wait and file goes to my workspace.

During "importing pbix file" window running I pressed workspace menu to go to other workspace, production workspace of this report. Just when I got that open, importing pbix file finished and dataset, report and dashboard appear in this production workspace. It didn't go to my workspace.

In production workspace there was report with exactly same name than report I was uploading. When uploaded report came to production workspace it didn't replace report with same name but created new one. So I had two datasets, reports and dashboards with the same name in one workspace.

Luckily I knew which report is new one because I could see changes I made. But this bug could cause many unwanted situations so I hope it get fixed.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 62216244. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

PG team is tracking this bug now. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu