Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[BUG] Matrix not allowing horizontal scroll in Power BI Desktop or Online

With a cross tab matrix that has a lot of row fields, the matrix has a horizontal scroll bar enabled, but for some reason the scroll does not function in either the Desktop or Online tools.

This bug exists since many years and it has never been fixed. It's a really painful bug as this feature is a basic one and is needed for many users.

Orginial post : https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Matrix-not-allowing-horizontal-scroll-in-Power-BI-...

Hi @R_LB ,

The original post you provided can't be open in my side, do you mean the cross bar in the bottom of matrix like below?

vyanjiangmsft_0-1687333622011.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @R_LB ,

The original post you provided can't be open in my side, do you mean the cross bar in the bottom of matrix like below?

vyanjiangmsft_0-1687333622011.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

R_LB
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-yanjiang-msft ,

Thanks for your answer.

Exactly, I mean the problem is that the horizontal scrollbar only scroll the column part, not the row header part (please find an example on the following screenshot). For some business cases, I can't replace the matrix visual with a table visual, and this behaviour realy block me, even if enlarge the canva. I woul like, like in excel, to be able to unfix the row headers of the matrix when using the horizontal scroll bar (it could be an option to fix / unfix it in the row header parameters).

R_LB_0-1687351040267.png

Thanks for your help

R_LB
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-yanjiang-msft ,

Any clue about how to unfix row headers in matrix visuals ? Simple feature that is not available.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yanjiang-msft same problem for us if you use the matrix and disable the 'stepped layout'. You don't get a horizontal scroll. Please fix this, it is really a basic function!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yanjiang-msft maybe this screenshot would help you to reproduce the issue

Alma7_0-1692772483098.png

R_LB
Frequent Visitor

@v-yanjiang-msft 
Hello, I come back to you (and to the whole PBI comunity) as this basic feature is still not available in Power BI. It's realy a blocker for some use cases. Did you have the time to investigate / ask to Power BI product manager if this feature is planned to be implemented ?