Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

All locations in map gets selected on clicking inside a line/bar chart

I have a bing map to filter on the locations and to filter the data for the corresponding location. I have set the visual interactions to filter the line and bar charts on selecting any location in the map.

But on clicking inside these line/bar charts immediately highlights all the location bubbles and the data in the line/bar charts shows the data for all locations.

I am having to again click on the desired location to see the values for only that location.

I have set the visual interaction to 'None' on the map .Still i am facing the issue.

Please help with the same.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sindhujaa,

Would you please share a pbix file with some dummy data with us? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

sindhujaa
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I have uploaded the pbix file to onedrive . I am mailing the link to you.

Please update on the same. 

Thanks,

Sindhujaa 

sindhujaa
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Please let me know if you have any updates on this.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sindhujaa,

From your description and pbix file, when you select a bubble in the map, it filters column and line charts. But when you click on the column or line in charts, the map will display all bubbles instead of originally selected bubble, right? 

Please use ctrl+click on map and charts to filter data, see: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-february-2018-feature-summary/#crosshighli...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

sindhujaa
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for the solution to not have bi directional filter on the maps when selecting the bar/line chart , but to disable all the locations getting selected when clicking inside the bar /line chart. i.e when we click inside the bar/line chart there should not be any change to the map since the 'Edit Interaction' is set to 'None' for the map.

Is there a possibility to disable this clicking feature in the bar/line charts to avoid selection of all the locations in the map.

Please help with the same.

sindhujaa
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Please let me know if there is any update on this