Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Admin Monitoring Workspace - remove people or groups

Dear MS-Team,

currently it is not possible to remove people or groups from the new Admin monitoring workspace.

Blog Post about the new Admin Workspace: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-new-admin-monitoring-workspace-for-tenant-ad...

Further it is not possible to see the workspace inside the Admin Portal for a Tenant Admin.

Can you please fix this issue?

ManuelW_0-1686222131788.png

Best

Manuel

Hi @ManuelW 

checked with PG team about this feature , their exact words were:

Users can only be removed if access is granted via share links (per report) See Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Learn to learn more about sharing reports . Direct access page is for the workspace level access, which at the moment cannot be removed. 

So regarding the feature you mentioned you need to give feedback to the Ideas forum. If a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Home (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @ManuelW 

For the first issue , there is no way to remove users or groups at the moment, I need to check with PG team about this feature, I will get back to you when I have news. 

For the second issue , you mentioned that it is not possible to see the workspace inside the Admin Portal for a Tenant Admin , can you explain it in detail ? I can see workspace in the admin portal . 

vyetao1msft_0-1686289924222.png

Best Regards,

ManuelW
Helper I

Dear @v-yetao1-msft , 

The second issue is gone. I can see the Admin Monitoring workspace inside the workspaces now. 

But there is no possibilty to remove users. So the "get access" function is not available.

Waiting for your feedback from the PG Team.

Best

Manuel 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @ManuelW 

checked with PG team about this feature , their exact words were:

Users can only be removed if access is granted via share links (per report) See Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Learn to learn more about sharing reports . Direct access page is for the workspace level access, which at the moment cannot be removed. 

So regarding the feature you mentioned you need to give feedback to the Ideas forum. If a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Home (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,

ManuelW
Helper I

Dear @v-yetao1-msft ,

thank you for the respond but how can I remove the users if I added them to the workspace level? 

This is a standard function for all other workspaces. 

Best

Manuel