Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Total Column (in Matrix visual) resizing after blank data is displayed in the table.

Currently I am using a Matrix visual to show data, and have turned off auto-column sizing and set the column sizes manually. Currently if the user filters the table to where there are blank values in the Matrix (in this case a year with no data), and then returns to a year with data, the total column reverts to the default size, which then hides some of the number. 

Total before FilteringTotal before Filtering

Matrix after filteringMatrix after filtering

Comments
PVO1
Helper II

Still having this issue

Version: 2.82.5858.1161 64-bit (juni 2020)

When using slicer to filter to a dimension with blank values, and then unfilter again I get this result...

I need the blank values, and I need the entry in the slicer, so can't really find a workaround. 

PVO1_0-1595580983925.png

It even gets worse when unchecking values word wrap

PVO1_1-1595581305343.png

CerbPBI
Frequent Visitor

Same issue even in Dec 2021 version.

alexdr
Frequent Visitor

Hi Everyone
it is past mid 2022 and I am experiencing exactly same issue

My solution is messing around with Sub-Total's name
Instead of "Total" go with "Total᠎᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ "
instead of spaces in that changed subtotal name I am using mongolian character, which gives blank space instead

mongolian vowel separatorU+180E

google it

just add as much spaces as you need for your subtotal and it will return to width of the subtotal's header each time you filter other adjustent tables etc.

Screenshot below:

alexdr_0-1659077686506.png

lmed
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue however I cannot use the suggested solution as the blank spaces are removed. 

lmed_0-1660654057969.png

lmed_1-1660654068445.png

alexdr
Frequent Visitor

it is not usual space character

As I have mentioned you need to google that "mongolian vowel separatorU+180E"

found it on "Wikipedia" I think and copied it to the name of the column as many times as needed to be enough to be longer than data showing in that "Total" column

This is not "Space" it is character, which Power BI recognizes, but which is "blank",

so it is workaround of an issue described above, which works flavlessly my side

try copying the name I provide in brackets below to see if that charcter is copied over here, too:

"Total᠎᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎ ᠎᠎ ᠎᠎ ᠎᠎ ᠎᠎ ᠎"

lmed
Frequent Visitor

Aha sorry for not reading it that throughly! I did however find another solution to this problem.

When enabling 'auto-size column width', it will default back to the column-sizes you have adjusted after showing null values. This is not how I expected the auto-size to work, but it solves my issue so 🙂

alexdr
Frequent Visitor

no issue, and glad you were able to sort your end

My end I have multiple different tables sitting one after another, so solution above helps to make sure width is always same for total column of all of the tables, or otherwise with "autosize on" it would then be different for each of those tables on each update, which would be driving me crazy 😃

JonasGuimaraes

Hello,

I am facing the same issue here, does anyone knows if there is a definitive fix?

In the meantime, I am using the Mongolian vowel separator, which does the trick.

Thanks @alexdr!

alexdr
Frequent Visitor

My pleasure, @JonasGuimaraes