Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Find articles, guides, information and community news

Most Recent
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

WARNING!! If this post was not part of a series, it would probably be titled something along the lines of "Things that Greg Feels Like Ranting About at the Moment that are Tangentially Related to Translating Excel Functions to DAX". So...just so you're warned...and stuff...

Read more...

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, after about two weeks, we have reached 91% coverage of Excel functions translated to DAX. The original goal I had in mine was 80% coverage so we've exceeded my original goal and since progress has definitely slowed and become increasingly difficult to move the needle I figured this would be a good time to pause and reflect upon what we’ve learned thus far.

Read more...

ahmedoye
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Only 6% of Analytics Reporting in organizations source their data from standard databases. Oh no, I made up that number. I have no idea what the numbers are. But I am certain that the majority of self-service BI & data analytics users must deal with a lot of crappy data.

One of the big issues Power Query users must also deal with is Table Structuring. When should you use “Transpose” and when should you use “Unpivot”?

Read more...

EnterpriseDNA
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Time intelligence functions are incredible DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) within Power BI that support business analytics in the most efficient way. These DAX functions enable the manipulation of data using periods or time frames, such as days, months, quarters, and years. With time intelligence, you can create formulas and compare results or calculations over those time frames. 

final.png

Read more...

aandi
Frequent Visitor

"We want to be able to export an unlimited number of rows from Power BI from any filtered report, retaining aggregations and totals without the need for a developer to assist.". I was hoping to leverage Power BI Paginated reports which were released about a year ago. "Yes, we already considered that, but it's too complicated for our business users," the client stated

Read more...

Helpful resources

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us know.