Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Find articles, guides, information and community news

Most Recent
artemus
Employee
Employee

Using the Power Query editor GUI, you can group a column by: count, distinct count, max, min, average, median and all rows. In this article we will show you how to expand your toolbox and perform many other grouping aggregations!

Read more...

neil_varnas_IP
Helper I
Helper I

Bad actors are the most frequently occurring alarms which are a nuisance to the operator. Usually, these alarms are broken and their configuration needs fixing e.g. the setpoint is incorrectly set, or the dead band or on/off delay needs modification. It is not a trivial task to count, aggregate and rank alarms over a variable period, especially when the database contains millions of events. This report can be generated within seconds in Power BI using Industrial App Store...

Read more...

TimoRiikonen
Advocate III
Advocate III

Power BI localization is dependent on the desktop version you are using and different versions work differently. Hopefully this article helps you to avoid possible confusion around this topic.

Some, or all, of the locale settings depending on your programming get determined based on the report settings. Sort order is always based on these settings. With "older" desktop versions, you define report settings when you create new report.

Read more...

TimoRiikonen
Advocate III
Advocate III

This article includes:

- How to create a selectable top N list with an optional "Others" category

- One version with a slider and another with parameterized steps

Also includes extra features:

- Data refresh time

- Automated content type detection

- Automated heading conversions

Read more...

EnterpriseDNA
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

In this post, I dive into creating virtual relationships using one of the most advanced DAX functions in Power BI called TREATAS. If you can understand this function, you'll see its many applications across reports and dashboards that you might be creating inside of Power BI desktop.  

TREATAS is a huge help in simplifying your data model. The idea behind using TREATAS is to create virtual relationships between two tables where a physical one cannot be used. 

Power Blog Treatas.png

Read more...

Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Recently, I have been faced with a challenge of pivoting many tables. Every table was completely different, I needed some preprocessing steps, like filtering rows and so on. And I also didn’t want to pivot a huge table in Power Query. The solution? A dynamic pivot written in T-SQL and called from Power Query.

Read more...

Helpful resources

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us know.