Fabric is Generally Available. Browse Fabric Presentations. Work
towards your Fabric certification with the Cloud Skills Challenge.
In the datacenters West US 2 and West Central US there’s now a public preview available for "Multi-Protocol Access" on Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2. So, Blob APIs now work with accounts that have a hierarchical namespace. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/data-lake-storage-multi-protocol-access for additional details.
This means that now AAS can use, for example, Blob API to access files in ADLSg2. Here’s an example how:
(1) in your Tabular project, select "Import from Data Source":
(2) from the Azure Portal, take the URL for “Primary Blob Service Endpoint” in the “Properties” pane of your Storage Account gen2 (assuming you already created one):
(3) again from Azure Portal, take the “Key” (Key1) value from the “Access Keys” pane of your Storage Account gen2:
(4) select the folder, and click the “Edit” button (assuming you already have folders with files):
(5) click on the file you want (blue link on the "Content" column), to access its contents:
(6) Do any transformations you need (i.e. here we remove Blank rows):
(7) click “Import”:
I hope this was useful... Enjoy!!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.