Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Error message on refresh- An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp'

Has anyone seen this error before? It happens on datasource refresh. The datasource is TIBCO data virtualization, which uses an ODBC connection.

Processing error: An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmdatasourceregistry.cpp', line 847, function 'TMDataSourceRegistry::ApplyDeferredStaticAnalysis').
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: e1052a09-4ae1-42ef-a6a0-364cae1b1807
Request ID: cd235687-3c21-f61b-15ce-29469adede99
Time: 2021-06-22 19:25:36Z

EDIT: For us the issue has been resolved (6/29/2021). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hello ,

this is a known issue for which there is a Fix expediately rolling out across production instances of Power BI , with an ETA of 06/29 EOD for reaching saturation , there has been CSS (customer service support awarness shared to our support teams to better assist any Customers reaching out ) and also we are continuing to post proactively Tenant level (Customer level) communications for the impacted tenants we have been identifying , and basing on the IDs of error  you shared , we see that Comms were posted to your Tenant admins already with regard to this issue.  Please let us know .

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
anshul6122
Regular Visitor

Facing same issue since 22 June, till 21st it was all working fine. Hope for early fixing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here we have the same issue: the only reports that have an error in the refresh are the ones that use Phyton connection. We've tried to republish. It works several hours but then the error appears again...

If we refresh the data from the desktop there is no problem with the refresh...

Hope that Microsoft is going to find a quick solution!!! Thanks!!

Seems like it’s a small group affected by this problem otherwise I would have expected it to be a lot busier here. Microsoft must have a reason to postpone the fix for over a week. It would be nice to know what they are going to fix, and if there is another workaround. Can’t imagine that all other Power BI users are on premium capacity/user. What do we have in common?

• Here it’s only happening on datasets with custom connectors via a gateway.
  • MySQL via the same gateway still works fine.
  • OData without gateway works fine.

Not sure if this is the case for anyone else, but I was experiencing this same issue all last week - My datasets all have custom data connectors on our gateway. 

as of 10 minutes ago, i was able to hit the refresh button on each of my data sets in the service and they all refreshed correctly. I've set them back up to auto-refresh and am waiting to see if they fail, but it's at least encouraging that the manual refresh of the data set on the service worked this time (something that didn't work at all last week)

I republishing the dashboard again and work fine for now. I hope this issue was resolved soon

Agree, scheduled refresh successful this morning for the the first time since 6/20.

lathan
Frequent Visitor

Support have replied with the same reponse. 

1) upgrade to Premium as a workaround! (i have asked if this can be at zero cost) 

2) Fix for this issue in standard envirouments is not due to be implemented until the first week of JULY!

Anonymous
Not applicable

same error occours for me also with models that get Data directly via Azure DevOps Analytics Views  (Azure DevOps 2019 Server).

bgeels1
Frequent Visitor

I am getting a similar error.  Hopefully this gets fixed on Monday.

Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][QuickBooks] (70) Error while reading configuration file: C:\Users\[**user**]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway (personal mode)\m\ODBC Drivers\Simba Quickbooks ODBC Driver\QuickBooksODBC.mdef
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind: QuickBooksOnline
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath: QuickBooksOnline
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.OdbcErrors: #table({"SQLState", "NativeError", "Message"}, {})
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.Error
Cluster URI: WABI-US-WEST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: a23aa935-9afa-462c-9d0a-3aee188f1c1f
Request ID: f2eb0ba8-a4b5-fb0c-e58d-976599be1b0b
Time: 2021-06-27 00:34:16Z

Same issue.  Refresh works in the desktop version, but does not work in the Online Service.  I am connected to a QuickBooks file to pull in financial metrics. 

Tried again this morning. Still getting the same error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is so Bad from Microsoft if thats what they are saying. Upgrading to Premium is not the solution. We pay for hundreds of pro licences and they sold the product with scheduled refreshes in Power BI Service. May be an opportunity for Tableau or other providers to emerge.

iwildman
Regular Visitor

I just started getting this error a couple days ago as well. When I refresh in the Desktop version and publish it works fine but am not able to refresh from the online portal. Really hope they come up with a fix here soon.

@djurecicK2 - is there a public ticket or anything that I can +1 or anything we can do to help bring attention to it?

Thanks!

meade8079
Frequent Visitor

MykeeO, check again. The issue is that when republished, the refresh will run properly for 2-3 hours following and will begin failing again with the same error. 

Aye I see.. worked a bit longer for us but still failed during the weekend.

trying again now and monitoring the time it keeps working.

No clean fix but a temporary solution for critical dashboards.

MinimalEffect

Same issue here. Python script.

I too just started haveing this problem with a Python script. 

MykeeO
Frequent Visitor

Had the same error. refreshing the PBIX file in powerBI desktop and then reuploading the file worked for me.. dashboards are refreshing in PowerBI service again.

*EDIT*

Did not work for long. Issues came back 2 days later.

* END OF EDIT*

lathan
Frequent Visitor

perfect! republishing the PBIX from desktop worked for me - also without the need to upgrade to premium. 

Didn't work for long. Next day everything failed again.

I got some errors again over the weekend aswell.

Hope this gets fixed soon but atleast I can maintain the critical dashboards now.

Had the same error, and republishing the PBIX from desktop worked for me too. 

Thanks for sharing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors