Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

KarenL7
Advocate III
Advocate III

Error in the Service with Refresh - ServerError_DMTS_StandAlone_UserErrorTooManyRequest

Hi

We had the following error when a dashboard refreshed - ServerError_DMTS_StandAlone_UserErrorTooManyRequest

When I googled it nothing came up as below - 

KarenL7_0-1717570738982.png

Is there anyone who has encountered this issue at all? I have never seen it before.

We are on Power BI Premium - we are careful when we set up are our refreshes etc - is this due to our gateway (Feb 2024) - 

I have exported the logs from the gateway - I am unable to see any obvious gateway errors unfortunately - that are logged - and out of the large number of reports (50 or so) which are refreshed over night - 5 failed with the same issue.  Power BI has always been able to handle this amout of reports before?

When trying to refresh one the reports it is now failing as it can no longer see the gateway connections that are set up on the report - this has not been deployed or changed in a very long time and has been successfully refreshing previously.

KarenL7_0-1717572392185.png

Any one have any ideas at all?

Thanks.

Karen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all

Update from MS

Email to me

We've determined that a recent standard service update inadvertently contains a code regression that's resulting in scheduled refresh operation requests to unexpectedly fail and impact end users. We're reverting the aforementioned update to remediate impact and we anticipate this process will be complete by our next scheduled update.

On support page

Awareness

Power BI customers with Tenants located in UK South and North Central US regions may experience failures with Scheduled refreshes. As a workaround, customers can perform on-demand refresh. Engineers are investigating the issue and and a mitigation is being applied, full recovery is expected by 7 AM PDT.

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72
Brett12345

Getting the same error on one of my reports. Fails a few times then completes then fails again.

macmy034
Advocate II
Advocate II

I lodged a ticket with Microsoft, and someone was in touch straight away - collected everything they needed and are going to check the logs for a service interruption.

In the mean time I've been able to start refreshing our semantic models that failed again so this may only be a small blip on the radar.

Can you please update this thread when you hear back from MS - many thanks

I will when I'm back into it tomorrow - I'm located in Australia

macmy034
Advocate II
Advocate II

Must be a new bug - Same deal for me. I googled the error and this is the only item that came up - I imagine this thread is going to growwwww.....

Chris_GSD

Also getting the same error too this morning on datasets connected to our on-prem data gateway. Updated the data gateway to May 2024, but still the same error. It is happening on various datasets, so appears to be random.

Any ideas much appreciated.
Chris

Morning

I've encountered the same issue this morning. Majority ran successfully, bar 3 with this error message. Like you @KarenL7 I can't find anything on the issue. 

Hope someone can shed some light please

Many thanks

Karen

Did anyone try gateway patching to fix this issue?

Yes - updated gateway to the latest release, but didn't work! Still having to manually refresh the datasets as the workaround.

May be....Good to try...

Our PowerAppGateway version is 3000.198.17.

I have requested our Infrastructure team to update to the latest version available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.