Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Source

Hi, Hope you can Help

In the PBI Service i am suddenly getting errors with autmatic refresh with the below error but i cannot find any field that shows this field error. We currently save all datasets in the cloud and do not use the ON-Premisies Gateway

Hope you can help

Regards

Dan

'Data source error: The field 'errors' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.
Cluster URI: WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 98051803-f45b-49e4-9769-0239cf2d76cc
Request ID: ba904f15-3a7e-49e3-b60f-268f3a4423b9
Time: 2021-10-11 13:25:51Z'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

This issue has been reported internally (ICM#: 266435923). According to the latest update, it has been fixed. Please check if they are working in your scenario.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
QueryWhiz
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Anonymous were you able to find a solution? Seems this error happens from time to time with GA data, I recently had this error again in some of my reports. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I currently use windsor.ai's GA connector and my connection is working great so far. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA connector in the data sources list:

GA-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your GA fields:

GA-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url.

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

BhumikaM

Hi, i am facing this issue while refreshing my data. Please help

This is the message that i am getting

• Data source errorThe field 'message' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.
  • Cluster URIWABI-INDIA-CENTRAL-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID70c186db-9a84-4916-9471-2241880530d7
  • Request ID0155d2c4-db28-569d-75f1-5a5861556aed
goliash
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys,

This error is not Google analytics related.

I´m getting the same error using the MS Project Online content pack. The fact table Projects is causing the problem. It is not possible to change the name of the table in the source MS Project Online (part of O365):

• Data source errorOData: Fehler beim Verarbeiten dieser Anforderung.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.

When I´m trying to debug the error in Power Query the Source is correct, in Navigation step is causing the problem even the Projects table is offered in Navigation step.
Please advice, the update did not solved the issue.

Goliash

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

This issue has been reported internally (ICM#: 266435923). According to the latest update, it has been fixed. Please check if they are working in your scenario.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am experiencing the same issue ittermitently, the my reports using the GA connector return this error at least 3 times a week.

Sbudd
Helper I
Helper I

Looks like the error has been fixed now

DonalMc
Advocate II
Advocate II

I also just started getting the below error message on some scheduled refreshes. The reports include Google Analytics as a data source. I don't get any error when I refresh on the Desktop. It's good to know that others are seeing the same error.

The field 'errors' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

Sbudd
Helper I
Helper I

I too have just started getting these errors, I am going to rebuild the Google Ananlytics connections and see if that helps...I'll let you all know

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thankyou for responding and good to know its not just me. Its strange that if i manually refresh each Google Analytics data source within the Desktop version, it doesn't show any issues, more the scheduled refresh in within the PBI Service version. But great if you can let me know any of your findings

Regards

Dan

Unfortunately I rebuilt all my GA tables and still had the same issue, I then just tested with a blank dashboard with just a single connection to GA looking at only Date and Users and this still failed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sbudd

Thanks for letting me know, so looks like we just have to play the waiting game to see if Microsoft/Google can fix the API connector/Service issue. I hope they are onto it

Regards

Dan

joshep_blanco

Hello, I'm presenting the same issue today. 

Thank you @Burningsuit, could you tell me where the field "errors" could be allocated? In my case, I have not changed the data sources.

Hope you can help us.

Regards

This error seems to happen when refreshing Google Analytics, not an error in the data as I first thought. It appears to be linked to the Google Analytics interface. If your Dataset does not include Google Analytics data, even if it does, you may want to raise a support ticket with Microsoft to get it looked at.

hope this helps 

Stuart

Yep i just started getting this error this weekend as well. I downloaded and refreshed the report on PowerBI Dekstop and got no errors so it is isolated to the refresh occurring on PowerBI online. I do have a connection to Google Analytics so I guess this may be the problem. Do you have a fix for this yet or should i report an error? 

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi Dan,

My reading of this message is that the column "errors" in the data source has been removed and either Power Query or Power BI was using that column, so the Service throws this message out to say it can't refresh.

Has the data source changed ? Was there a column called "errors" in the past that's not there now ?

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors