Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBAC
Regular Visitor

Cannot edit gateway datasource connection

Hi,

A few weeks ago I installed the 'On-premises data gateway' on my database server and created a database connection to my MariaDB database inside PowerBI service. The connection works fine on several datasets.
Now I want to change the connections type and datasource path. But unfortunately it is greyed out even if I am the owner of this connection.

PowerBI_CannotEditGateWayConnection.png

Why I can neither change connection type nor datasource path please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBAC ,

That is correct, you colud not change the connection type and data source path after you create data source.

You could only change data source name, authentication type etc.

If you want to change connection type and datasource path, you need to create a new data source in this Data Gateway.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1685588940230.png

For more details, you can read related document: Manage data sources (preview) - Power Platform | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBAC ,

That is correct, you colud not change the connection type and data source path after you create data source.

You could only change data source name, authentication type etc.

If you want to change connection type and datasource path, you need to create a new data source in this Data Gateway.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1685588940230.png

For more details, you can read related document: Manage data sources (preview) - Power Platform | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors