Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

moldepc
Frequent Visitor

Time Out error connecting to Salesforce in Power BI dataflow

I am having an issue with my Power BI dataflow timing out after only 5 minutes.  I created the dataflow to pull in a Salesforce object.  It was refreshing but then it stopped.  I tried hitting refresh today, but it failed again.  When I opened the dataflow & then resaved it, it refreshed.  Any ideas?

Error: Data Source Error : DataSource.Error: The operation has timed out

moldepc_0-1650928401597.png

3 REPLIES 3
moldepc
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for the information.  I do have Supermetrics.  We ended up having our DEs use APIs to send the SF data to the Azure datalake & then we use databricks to access it there.  This has worked great.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @moldepc ;

When you try to connect to Salesforce from Power BI Service, please check whether you have meet below requirements:

System requirements and considerations

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Time-Out-error-connect-to-Salesforce/m-p/493538

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.  Could you explain this part more?  I wonder if it was causing the issue.  What does it mean per application?  I had 4 dataflows all refreshing at the same time at 12:00 am.  They were pulling from 5 different objects.  Plus I had a different dataflow that had kicked off at 11:30 pulling SF data that was still refreshing at that time.  Tuesday, I split out the times the refresh kicks off on the dataflows and  haven't had an issue yet. 

• A valid authentication token is required for refresh. Salesforce has a limit of five authentication tokens per application so make sure you've five or less Salesforce data sets imported.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors