Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Boja
Advocate II
Advocate II

SVG loading problem

Hi all,

I am experiencing a new problem, maybe you know what i am doing wrong. 🙂

I have created a background image for PBI report as a SVG file. THe quality and size fit very well. When a report is published for the first time it works well. however, when i republish (replace the existing report) the svg background doesnt load anymore. I need to delete whole report and dataset from PBI service to be able to load it again. Do you know what this it about? i dont have the error when working with png or jpeg files as a background.

Thanks for posting your feedback 🙂

1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Boja,

On my test (Power BI desktop July 2018 + Chrome), the SVG image is displayed correctly on service even when I replaced the original one. In your scenario, please change a different web browser for a test. Besides, to check whether the problem is related to your Power BI service cluster, please download this test .pbix file, test on your side.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Boja,

On my test (Power BI desktop July 2018 + Chrome), the SVG image is displayed correctly on service even when I replaced the original one. In your scenario, please change a different web browser for a test. Besides, to check whether the problem is related to your Power BI service cluster, please download this test .pbix file, test on your side.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft

Thanks Yuliana,

I have updated my browser and Power BI. I tried on both your test file and my reports. Now they work just fine. Thank for looking into this.

Have a lovely weekend

Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors