Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

meenakp
Resolver I
Resolver I

Refresh error - Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Resource.Access

Hi, 

We have a report which was refreshing fine in Service.

Yesterday in PBI Desktop - we added couple fields to that PBIX' query and visual and it refreshed fine.

But when publishing it to Service and trying to refresh, this is the error!

Its doesnt allow to take over the dataset also. Have anybody seen this before? Thanks! There is no "Query 1" in this PBIX!

You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh:

• Data source for Query1

Discover Data Sources

Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Resource.Access

Issue.png

9 REPLIES 9
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

preserving for the record. 

lbendlin_0-1670361282491.png

flavia
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi everyone!

take a look at this support website of microsoft power bi, there is a message telling about this issue!

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/pt-br/support/

flavia
Advocate II
Advocate II

hi guys, I'm facing the same problem right now, do you know when it will be resolved?

SamJDavies
Frequent Visitor

Hi meenakp, 

Did you end up finding a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem and I have no idea how to resolve it.

Thank you

Resource.Access still seems to be an internal only function, not supposed to be used by Power BI developers.

Resource.Access - Power Query

Thank you for your reply. 

I don't use this function anywhere in my custom connector or PBIx but when published to the service I get this error.

The custom connector works on old data sets published to the service but we get this error when we publish new data sets.

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @meenakp ,

Please refer this document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-admin-troubleshoot-unsupported-data-s...

And compare the provider with the list of supported data sources found in Power BI data sources.

If that warning is present in the Data Source Settings dialog that appears, then a dynamic data source that cannot be refreshed in the Power BI service is present.

Re1.jpg

If it doesn't meet your requirement, we suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @meenakp ,

Can you try by letting the actual dataset owner to provide you the access instead of you trying to take over. Sometimes even this small change works in dataset accesses.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!! 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Roll back the change you made on the desktop, republish, and see if everything is back to normal, or if this is possibly caused by something else entirely.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors