Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CalebCarter9278
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Datamart Error Message

I am getting an error message when I am trying to save changes to a datamart on power query. Below is the error message:

DmsPbiServiceUserException
ErrorMessage{"error":{"code":"ExternalServiceUserFailed","pbi.error":{"code":"ExternalServiceUserFailed","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"ModelingServiceError_Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The database was not found in Power BI. Please check if it was deleted, or if you do not have permission to access it. Redeploying the database may also succeed, if the database can be recreated.\r\n"}},{"code":"ModelingServiceError_Location","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Connection to AnalysisServices"}},{"code":"ModelingServiceError_ExceptionType","detail":{"type":1,"value":"OperationException"}},{"code":"ModelingServiceError_Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The database was not found in Power BI. Please check if it was deleted, or if you do not have permission to access it. Redeploying the database may also succeed, if the database can be recreated.\r\n"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}
HttpStatusCode400
Status code: 500
Error Code: DmsPbiServiceUserException

Any help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
CalebCarter9278
Frequent Visitor

Thank you all for the help. In the end we had to recreate 😞 

CaptainBI
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. It started to occur somewhere last week.

Loading data
DmsPbiServiceUserException
ErrorMessage{"error":{"code":"ExternalServiceUserFailed","pbi.error":{"code":"ExternalServiceUserFailed","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"ModelingServiceError_Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The database was not found in Power BI. Please check if it was deleted, or if you do not have permission to access it. Redeploying the database may also succeed, if the database can be recreated.\r\n"}},{"code":"ModelingServiceError_Location","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Connection to AnalysisServices"}},{"code":"ModelingServiceError_ExceptionType","detail":{"type":1,"value":"OperationException"}},{"code":"ModelingServiceError_Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The database was not found in Power BI. Please check if it was deleted, or if you do not have permission to access it. Redeploying the database may also succeed, if the database can be recreated.\r\n"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}
HttpStatusCode400
Activity IDd3422a39-f04b-b8ff-d8a6-757edeaeb2e8
Request IDf5999534-5039-4571-9fa3-117d73c15141
Status code500
Error CodeDmsPbiServiceUserException
Batch ID7490ba97-d470-4222-8f42-b7ca5d9af09c@74f3adb4-b507-4ed9-83b8-3ca408ddb729$2023-10-16T12:55:28.1242831Z@679f4b34-7f12-4478-a3fe-632cd70da872
Anonymous
Not applicable

See my comment below. Do you see the "Dataverse" connection as well in lineage view or in the Data Source credentials section in settings?

Hi, neither of them. I do see one red coloured "empty" Data Source Credential among my 4 credentials that I am not able to edit. The database field is blanked out, the authentication method dropdown list is empty and privacy level is selectable. If I click sign in it results in Failed to update data source credentials.

CaptainBI_2-1697463966007.png

CaptainBI_1-1697463950701.png

What I also notice in my Datamart: the tabs "Data" and "Query" work just fine.

When I click "Model" I get:

Error Loading Data Model

The database was not found in Power BI. Please check if it was deleted, or if you do not have permission to access it. Redeploying the database may also succeed, if the database can be recreated.

Hi, @CalebCarter9278 @CaptainBI 

What specific data source is being used? Please provide more information.

Best Regards

MS Dynamics CRM

I made a ticket with PBI Support and the answer I got is that I have to recreate the whole DM. Ouch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. I have had this happen a few times, and I had to recreate the datamart each time. With the last time this issue occured, I went to datamart settings and noticed that I had a Data Source Credential for CommonDataService that failed, and any attempt to edit fails. I didn't recognize the connection, so not sure why this was there. Also, if I view the Datamart in lineage view, I can see that there are two connections to a "Dataverse" that I also didn't setup. I looked through the datamart and there doesn't appear to be any connection to this source. I have dozens of reports and several datamarts, and this is the only one that has this Data source credential or connection in the lineage view.

Are you seeing either of these issues as well?

reynolds82 
Same problem here, we tried everything but to no avail.

please,
Share with us if you can solve or get answers to the problem.

Canadeu
Frequent Visitor

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @CalebCarter9278 

Please refer to the following links in the hopes of helping you.
Datamarts on save are insanely glitchy Status code... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: DmsPbiServiceUserException in Datamart - Microsoft Fabric Community

Control access to datamarts (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This reply is useless.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors