Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

panosmir
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI react client embed Azure maps

Hello everyone,

It seems that the Power BI react client cannot display Azure maps anymore. Is it something changed silently by Microsoft? In more detail, I found that the issue lies in the following request, done by the powerbi-client itself. The report is embedded correctly and only the Azure Maps visual is not shown. Everything is enabled (tenant setting for Azure Maps and in Power BI desktop the Preview features were enabled when publishing the report). Below is a screenshot from the AzureMapToken request. As you can see the "authorization" header is wrong. It contains the embed token instead of "Bearer {access token}".

panosmir_0-1683560677886.png

For comparison the same request from Power BI service contains the correct value:

panosmir_1-1683560962471.png

For reference: powerbi-client 

PS. The Azure Maps visuals were working as expected a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas? It seems to be a Microsoft issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @panosmir ,

Although Azure maps happened to work for App Owns Data embed in preview, the documentation has always clarified that we do not officially support Azure maps for apps owns embed yet. See the screenshot below.

Get started with Azure Maps Power BI visual - Microsoft Azure Maps | Microsoft Learn

vyanjiangmsft_1-1684980258281.png

We are working on ways to support this in the future.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
ScottKIM

Same issue here. We noticed it May 4. A team member found this thread. Looking for solution as well. Thanks

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak @Greg_Deckler @ibarrau @lbendlin @GilbertQ,

Could you please share any information if came across any update.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Have you heard any updates? We use the Azure maps a lot because of the ability to add GeoJSON reference layers and if they are no longer being supported we need to make the switch to another visual.

DimPapageorgioY

Same issue here, can someone please provide an explanation why this stopped working suddenly. 

panosmir
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is there any admin here to inform us if it's a bug or intended behavior? As this is blocking to our solutions and it's not that easy to change all the map visuals.

noks23
Frequent Visitor

We noticed the same thing start last Wednesday (5/3) when they had been working the day before.  Hopefully this gets resolved quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors