Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

etiennepennekan

Pagination Report Render Issue

I have a Paginated Report with 1 parameter of Data Type "Text". I do allow blank values and the property is set to visible.

The user provide the Name they want to be displayed on the report with this parameter.

So when the user open the report the report does not load until the user click "View Report". This used to work 100%, yet for some reason it does not want to work on my Australia Power BI Services tenacy anymore, now it just loads the report.

Yet the same report does work in my USA Power BI Services tenacy the way it should, it opens and does not run until I click "View Report".

It's like some setting was changed on the Power BI Services in my Australia Tenancy that is messing with the render now.

14 REPLIES 14
epennekan1234
Frequent Visitor

I see this is working now again, MS must have fixed this recently.....

schlak
Frequent Visitor

I feel the pain of this topic.  They just rolled out a fix for float/integer parameters not accepting negative values in the service, and now I'm facing layout issues that go away when I disable preview features.  I also have around 200 users that would have to disable preview features themselves.  Not good.

Hello @schlak ,

Did you figure out how to fix get around this "Disable Preview Features"? We are also facing the same issue. Report layout gets weird and once the "Disable Previues Features" is clicked on, it goes back to proper. But as you said, we can not ask business users to keep on doing that. 

@MicrosoftLC 

Thanks

I've let them know about this issue by the way. Also btw adding a dummy date parameter to the report solves the issue with default negative parameters causing layout issues. At least it did for me. Took hours of trial and error to figure that out. 

Thanks for the heads up on that.

WheresWally
Helper III
Helper III

Sad update: 

The admin option I mentioned does not seem to control paginated report preview features. I can still enable and disable them at will after setting this to disabled. Urgently need ~250 users to disable preview features themselves now. Yay. 

WheresWally_0-1683191902497.png

WheresWally
Helper III
Helper III

Interesting. Is the parameter set as required? 

It's definitely related to the preview features they released for paginated reports. You'll notice that when autorefresh pages load now, they don't hide the report beneath a loading message (very cool IMO). Also, you've already noticed they messed up the date formatting of parameters for us poor Australians. I'm still on with support who are investigating that further (after first trying 'by design'). 

After they discovered issues with the basically silent release of updates to the paginated report view portal in the service, they then added an enable/disable preview features button in the file menu of paginated reports in the service. 

That will set it per user for all reports they view - and will take away the cool fixes they added if you disable to fix the bugs they introduced. 

There seems to be a new option in the admin settings of powerbi also where you can disable all preview features. I haven't tested it yet as I think it will impact regular reports as well as paginated. Also..I love the other things they put in the release (our strikethrough text was not displaying before for example). 

No, the parameter is not required. Used to stop the loading of the report, but then it stopped working. 

Yeah I did ask the question about the date formats here and I did get a reponse: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-Services-Date-Format-dd-mm-yyyy-needed-for-Paramet... 

I dont have the Preview Feature button though.......we do have Premium though.

etiennepennekan_0-1683240138776.png

Try the file menu to the left of the home menu

Ahhhh, gotcha, thanks!

Note I discovered yesterday that rotated text (vertical or rotate270) no longer sits vertically in cells. It rotates it but the paragraph tries to run horizontally still. Very annoying.

Man, what are these guys doing!!!!

Wouldn't be as bad if we could admin disable it for all users, instead of default on without telling us. 

Though thankfully @bradsy is very active here and seems connected to the team in a way that the regular support is not. Has recently replied that this issue and another I spotted will be fixed in a future release. 

Other issue btw is that if you have a negative number default for a parameter..nothing will load. Unless...you also have a date parameter.

epennekan1234
Frequent Visitor

Now this issue is on both my Power BI Services Tenancy's, must be a update from Microsoft then.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors