Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Padding differences between Desktop and Service

Hi,

Today I received a question from a collegue why text in a certain shape was not displayed properly 

Instead of showing (2 lines)

My 

Dashboard 

It said (1 line centered vertically)

My...

After some testing I've come to the following theory. Since my shape is big enough to display the whole text on one line I use padding to get the text on two lines, which is in line with a second shape with longer text next to it.

However PowerBI server handles padding differently. Instead of making two lines it just tries to crop everything one line but since it can't because of the padding there is not enough room. 

PowerBI Server seems to be see that there is not enough room due to the padding but not that it can write the text on two line instead of breaking it off and put ... at the end.

I tried working around this bug by using a measure as text but Unicar 10 or a white line between "" are not working.

Anyone who knows a solution to my problem? 

Pretty sure this wasn't always the case so I suspect some changes have been made recently in how PowerBi server handles this anyone who can confirm this?

1 REPLY 1
marilaitala
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,
we have the same problem: some of the button's text are showned differently in desktop and in Power BI Service.
The problem started last week
In desktop

marilaitala_1-1677663957050.png

In service

marilaitala_0-1677663772984.png

This is very tricky problem, please fix this quickly.

BR, Mari

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors