Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Finding_Nenno
Regular Visitor

Matrix Formatting

Is there a way within a matrix visual to display 1 column for 1 value and all columns for a 2nd value? Below is how I want the information displayed. Inventory (Value 1) for current week only, and forecast (Value 2) for all subsequent weeks.

Finding_Nenno_0-1675862532218.png

My current work around is shrinking all inventory columns to be hidden, similar to Excel (columns A, B, C displayed and then hide every inventory column D, F, H, etc). That would work however when this report updates weekly for 1st column as current week it maintains which columns are hidden rather than shift them like Excel would.

Finding_Nenno_1-1675862902493.png

This is what the following week would display: Column B now hidden in addition to D, F, H, etc. Unlike Excel where the formatting is maintained on the column, Power BI seems to maintain the formatting on the data (all inventory columns in this case) and my current week inventory is no longer displayed. 

Any thoughts on how to display this correctly?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors