Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

selected_
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to collect the data into one source?

I have multiple data sources that comes from diffrent software. Today I export each of data from these software services as Excel files and then visualze it in Power BI. 

Now I don't do this job manually anymore, I want to find a solution to automate it, ie. gather these data from these different software and then put in Power BI. What are those soultion I have here? 

Maybe one of these?

Power BI Dataflows

Power Automate

Or is the solution is to use Azure Data Factory and store it in Synapse and then from there connect to Power BI ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @selected_ ,

I guess you could use Dataflows or other techniques but you could just use Power BI - and connect to each data source and combine them as needed in Power BI.  You don't need an intermediate step.  If you want to do that functionality in a Dataflow you could (and that might be efficient if you have reasons to do so).  

Setting the refresh to run automatically in Power BI Service will keep the data updated.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @selected_ ,

I guess you could use Dataflows or other techniques but you could just use Power BI - and connect to each data source and combine them as needed in Power BI.  You don't need an intermediate step.  If you want to do that functionality in a Dataflow you could (and that might be efficient if you have reasons to do so).  

Setting the refresh to run automatically in Power BI Service will keep the data updated.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors