Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mpkorich
Frequent Visitor

How does one notify a MS Teams channel when a report refresh fails?

We have a teams channel dedicated to outages (data reporting in this case). How can I specify the teams channel email when a PBI refresh fails? Seems that we can only specify users which breaks our DevOps "role" requirement model.

6 REPLIES 6
honeybakliwal

Try to do with power Automate

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you finally manag to see refresh failure notifications in the teams channel?
I tried the same, even with the forwarding, but didn't get the notifications through to the teams channel so far...

Any help would be appreciated!

MariusT
Helper II
Helper II

Not sure if it fits your problem, but I have been working on a similar issue recently.

My firm wanted a different refresh schedule than what is offered in Power BI Service, so I had a guy write me a PowerShell script that triggers a refresh. Then, we created a Logic App in Azure, that sent an email based on a http request. Maybe you can do the same, but with notification to a Teams channel.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mpkorich,

As you said, current power bi does not allow you to send notification emails to external groups.

I'd like to suggest you add a 'redirect' rule on an email account(used to receive 'refresh failed' email) to forward these emails to a specific group.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mpkorich 

Please refer the link.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

BR,

venal.

THanks but not quite there. We have specific people we can notify but MS Teams email channel cannot be specified in that email field (limited to only specific users). If you know of a way to get that email to a Teams channel address (which does not show as an option in our DS setup). We also cannot paste ad-hoc email addresses here (security reasons perhaps?). Any ideas are welcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors