Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ca_caio
Regular Visitor

Refresh error on Power BI Service with Google Analytics

Hi! 

I have a report with differents data sources, including Google Analytics. All data refresh in Power BI Desktop, but when I publish in PBI Service show that errors. I tested all data sources and when I remove the Google Analytics data the Scheduled Refresh works perfectly.

The others data source are locally and a use a Gateway to refresh, just the GA that don't use. Someone have ideia if with GA data sources it's possible to scheduled refresh in PBI Service and why is happening this erro with GA?

To connect with the GA I use the GA connector.

Credentials

Authentication method: OAuth2

Privacy level: Organizational (both, Desktop and Service)

ca_caio_0-1669227230370.png

ca_caio_0-1669234673613.png

ca_caio_1-1669227845578.png

Thanks! I hope that someone can help me, please!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

HI @ca_caio 

I am using the native GoogleAnalytics connector and I then configure the credentials under Data Sources as shown below

GilbertQ_0-1669240409660.png

And mine is successfully refreshing daily.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ca_caio ,

Regarding the error you are experiencing, I found similar ones in other posts that provide solutions as follows.

1. Select Edit Queries from the menu to open the Query Editor
  2. Use the left hand menu to select one of the queries having the issue (will have the triangular warning sign)
  3. On the applied steps menu at the right select the source step.
  4. In the top menu bar, select Refresh Preview.

Related post link:

Solved: Expression.Error: The key did not match any rows i... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ca_caio
Regular Visitor

Hello!

We found the error, the credential that was used in Desktop was different as PBi Service. After change and use the same account in both, the schedule refresh worked perfectly.

It's important too, use the same level privacy in Desktop and PBi Service, if use "Organizational" in Desktop, must use "Organizational" in Service. 

Thank for all answers! All answers helped me!

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ca_caio ,

Regarding the error you are experiencing, I found similar ones in other posts that provide solutions as follows.

1. Select Edit Queries from the menu to open the Query Editor
  2. Use the left hand menu to select one of the queries having the issue (will have the triangular warning sign)
  3. On the applied steps menu at the right select the source step.
  4. In the top menu bar, select Refresh Preview.

Related post link:

Solved: Expression.Error: The key did not match any rows i... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

HI @ca_caio 

I am using the native GoogleAnalytics connector and I then configure the credentials under Data Sources as shown below

GilbertQ_0-1669240409660.png

And mine is successfully refreshing daily.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors