Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Osky
Frequent Visitor

Gateway problem

Hi everyone, I'm having this issue about gateway management:

On one hand I have an admin account in the server of my database which has a gateway installed. On this account I could register the gateway and a database origin without problems, showing them that are online and everything is fine.

Then I shared the database origin with another user appearing them both shared on the admin account (shared photo in blue the second user), but suprisingly, in the manage gateway of the other user it does not appear (second photo). 

Simply it does not appear (second photo) and that makes it harder to find a solution, anyone has ever had the same issue, and how did it solved?

One thing I'm doing right now is updating the gateway but that does not make sanse to be the trouble.

Than you all!  

Osky_3-1671177966936.png

Osky_2-1671177785277.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Osky
Frequent Visitor

Sorry to take my time to answer, it happened the following:

Revised the gateway of the client and he installed correctly but assigned the control to an admin account of another tenant of his enterprises (both account emails looked almost the same).

So what seemed was, that sharing the gateway between accounts of different tenants did not work well. I reinstalled from 0 the gateway with the correct admin account of the desired tenant and it just worked.

Thank @collinq for your time, I took care of what you said, this one was one of those mistakes that are so hard to find out, as it does not pop out an error message. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Osky ,

Can you confirm that you have installed the standard and not the personal gateway on that server?

And. to clarify, are you trying to share the entire gateway or just the data source with the second person?  The gateway will appear in the second column and that is where we would expect the user to appear.  Like this:

collinq_0-1671227733992.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Osky
Frequent Visitor

Sorry to take my time to answer, it happened the following:

Revised the gateway of the client and he installed correctly but assigned the control to an admin account of another tenant of his enterprises (both account emails looked almost the same).

So what seemed was, that sharing the gateway between accounts of different tenants did not work well. I reinstalled from 0 the gateway with the correct admin account of the desired tenant and it just worked.

Thank @collinq for your time, I took care of what you said, this one was one of those mistakes that are so hard to find out, as it does not pop out an error message. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors