Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataset

Hi,

I have a custom report build on a dataset. I am planning to split the report with orignal dataset. One of sub report will replace existing dataset name as that of original name and 2nd sub report will be with different name.

Will the split of dataset will impact the custom reports? Do I need to rebuild custom reports?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

From the sounds of it I would suggest creating your 2 datasets.

Then having the new dataset open and the old dataset. Using the new copy and paste feature you can copy all the contents from one report into your new dataset. As long as the column names and measure names are the same the report will work perfectly. I think that will be less effort than trying to do the above.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you keep the original report it should not have any impact?

Could you give more details as to what you mean about splitting the dataset?
Do you mean splitting the reporting visuals?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gilbert,

The original report needs to replaced by 2 sub reports.

The orignal report is having 10 tabs and 4 dataset. I am splitting report with 5 tabs and 1 dataset in one of the sub report and the remaining in second sub report.

Dataset name of 1 of these sub report is similar to the original dataset hence it will replace the existing dataset. So will data of the other sub report(having different name than original dataset) will be available is custom report?

From the sounds of it I would suggest creating your 2 datasets.

Then having the new dataset open and the old dataset. Using the new copy and paste feature you can copy all the contents from one report into your new dataset. As long as the column names and measure names are the same the report will work perfectly. I think that will be less effort than trying to do the above.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors