Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

bruno7413
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow update failed

Hello,
I'm with the error below in some data streams:
"Error: We encountered an error while performing the refresh. Please try again. If the issue persists contact Support. Request ID: 5384c37c-d005-488a-9cb7-b9c71a14299a Activity ID: 5157ab15-30d0-4601-b1cb-0293e6ec76bf".

I did the update manually and it's OK, but I need to understand what might be going on.

Att,

Bruno.

4 REPLIES 4
bruno7413
Frequent Visitor

The error occurred again today, the error message is: "Error: We encountered an error while performing the refresh. Please try again. If the issue persists contact Support. Request ID: dbfa1a78-8912-4b34-9844-f38f3e76c4a4 Activity ID: bba4e9f3-01f9-47ae-8380-9604eb398d08"

Hey @bruno7413 ,

Well, the error message was not as helpful as I had hoped.  If you check all of your columns and don't see anything obvious then I would submit a ticket because Microsoft can look up those id's and tell you what is going on.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

bruno7413
Frequent Visitor

Hi @collinq,
The error is in updating the dataflow, the error message that presents is this below:
Error: We encountered an error while performing the refresh. Please try again. If the issue persists contact Support. Request ID: 5384c37c-d005-488a-9cb7-b9c71a14299a Activity ID: 5157ab15-30d0-4601-b1cb-0293e6ec76bf

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @bruno7413 ,

Did you encounter that error in the Dataflow or in a connection TO the Dataflow?  I am assuming that it is withing the dataflow.  If so, go to the dataflow and look at the failure (you will ahve to download the failure file) and there is a column in the output that usually gives a fairly decent reason along with the guids.  That should guide you to the main issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors