Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sartys
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow deploy in pipeline error

I'm experiencing a problem with deploying my dataflow using one of my deployment pipelines.

The pipeline has three workspaces connected (all premium and I have pro licence). When I try to deploy one of the dataflows from dev to test, I get error 

:

A problem occurred while validating the content for deployment.
Please check the technical details for more information. If you contact support, please provide these details.

• Activity ID8d455be7-4637-4205-8886-a11f1cbb4f5b
  • Request IDf334d0b5-4b67-8c59-eabe-34b17ae38c90
  • Correlation ID2e498fb1-0c1a-493e-1f35-8b06f1dd606e
  • TimeMon Mar 27 2023 14:29:39 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
  • Service version13.0.20342.55
  • Client version2303.3.12949-train
  • Cluster URIhttps://wabi-us-north-central-d-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

I had this error already recently and I couldn't find solution so I exported the dev dataflow to .json, delete it on dev, test and prod, imported it again to dev and pulled thru pipeline. I worked once, now I try to make another change and the problem repeats.

I tried to submit a support ticket, but the support page seems to be broken as well - the form is not displaying and there is an error in the browser console (Uncaught (in promise) No response received for 'loadNewTicket' message in 5000 ms)

To be clear - all workspaces are premium, I have a pro licence, I operate in my company MS environment, I have been using this pipeline for many months now, with multiple dataflows, dataset and reports objects and everything else works fine, it's just this one dataflow.

I has credentials entered, when I edit it, it validetes with no error and refresh on dev with no errors.

Any idea what may cause this error ?

sartys_0-1679920415668.png

sartys_1-1679920436371.png

5 REPLIES 5
cedric_267
Frequent Visitor

Hello

I'm a little bit late, but i had the same error "All entities and corresponding polling queries should have entries in the query metadata", with a dataflow at deployment from [Dev] to [Test].

Cause / reason : Incremental Refresh on [Test] Environnement but not in [Dev] Environnement

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @sartys 

Thanks for your provided the error code , and i search this code in the Microsoft backend database.

I find this detailed errror:

Exception object created: Microsoft.PowerBI.WorkerService.ContentProvider.CopyOverwriteUsageException: All entities and corresponding polling queries should have entries in the query metadata

For this , you can first check if you meet the limitation for the dataflow, you can refer to :
The Power BI deployment pipelines process - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Create deployment rules Power BI Application lifecycle management (ALM) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Dataflows Limitations, restrictions and supported connectors and features - Power BI | Microsoft Lea...

And for this error code ,the error message suggests that there is an issue with the query metadata of your dataflow.

You can check the query metadata of your dataflow. Ensure that all entities and corresponding polling queries have entries in the query metadata.If any entities or queries are missing, you need to check and refresh them.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @v-yueyunzh-msft , thank you for your anwser. Could you please explain me in more details how to "check the query metadata of your dataflow" and what should I look for ?

Hi Sartys,

Did you manage to sort this out? I am facing the same issue.

Thanks

Hi , @sartys 

As I understand it, you can try to go into your dataflow first and check whether each table can return data correctly and whether there is an error.

If no error is reported, you can try refreshing the dataflow to rule out whether there is a problem with the dataflow or the pipeline.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors