Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

helenah
Helper I
Helper I

64 bit Access database engine error when I have Power BI 32 bit

Hello,

I originally had Power BI 64 bit and Office 32 bit and was trying to get a connection to file https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/xls/psw18vwall.xls

It did not work out because of the .xls file format, and I solved the issue by changing my Power BI version to 32 bit.

Now I am able to connect to the data source and everything works fine in Power BI Desktop.

However, when I try to refresh the report in the Power BI website, I get the following error message:

Last refresh failed: Fri May 19 2017 12:04:33 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Hide details

Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider is required to connect to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.NotFound
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:28f57023-9dcd-4c62-9bfd-b3467868b468
Request ID:1b331c3a-7920-44f9-0156-98771f685c13
Time:2017-05-19 09:04:33Z

I don't understand why 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider is required!

I have checked the mentioned website and followed the instructins (all now 32 bit) but still not working.

I don't want to install Office 64 bit since not all other Office add-ons of my workplace work with 64 bit version.

What to try next?

7 REPLIES 7
jj_spain
Frequent Visitor

Hola,

Tengo powerbi 32-bit. He creado un informe en powerbi dektop donde el origen dstos es un "folder" con ficheros .xlsx.
Al actualizar el origen de datos en powerbi desktop ma sale el error "No sehan podido gusradar las modificaciones en el servidor. Error devuelto. No hay memoria suficiente para completar esta accion. Intentelo mas tarde cuando puede que haya mas memoria disponible".

Al actualizar en powerbi.com me sale error mencionado por helenah.

Si reduzco el numero de ficheros .xlsx del folder origen de datos si me deja actualizar. En cuanto añado mas ficheros .xls ya me salen los errores. Descarto problema de capscidad del origen de datos ya que inicialmente el folder tenia muchos mas ficheros.

Ademas inicialmente me dejaba actualizar el origen de datos incluso con folder de otras rutas. Pasados unos dias ya me saltan los errores.

Necesito vuestra ayuda.

Error de memoria.JPG

jj_spain
Frequent Visitor

Hola, antes que nada daros las gracias por este hilo.

Tengo el.mismo error al actualizar rl origen de datos.

Tengo la version de powerbi 32 bit al igual que todo el office en usuario fre de empresa.

El nforme tiene un origen de datos folder donde hay diferentes ficheros excel xls. Esta carperta esta en una carpeta compartida de la empresa. Al actualizar el origen de datos en powerbi desktop me sale el error "No se han podido guardar las modificaciones en el servidor. Error devuelto. No hay memoria suficiente para completar la operacion. Vuelve a intentarlo mas tarde cuando haya mas nemoria disponible".

Cuando intento actualizar de powerbi.com me sale el error descrito por helenah.

Lo que no entiendo es que recien construido el informe pude actualizar el informe incluso modificando la ruta folder del origen de datos. Pasados unos dias no puedo actualizar ni el informe original.

Si reduzco el numero de ficheros .xls si me actualizar pero no con todos. Descarto que el problema sea tener un origen de datos muy pesado porque el informe original fue construido con muchos mas datos de los que ahora quiero actualizar.

Necesito vuestra ayuda.
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@helenah wrote:

Hello,

I originally had Power BI 64 bit and Office 32 bit and was trying to get a connection to file https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/xls/psw18vwall.xls

It did not work out because of the .xls file format, and I solved the issue by changing my Power BI version to 32 bit.

Now I am able to connect to the data source and everything works fine in Power BI Desktop.

However, when I try to refresh the report in the Power BI website, I get the following error message:

Last refresh failed: Fri May 19 2017 12:04:33 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Hide details

Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider is required to connect to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.NotFound
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 28f57023-9dcd-4c62-9bfd-b3467868b468
Request ID: 1b331c3a-7920-44f9-0156-98771f685c13
Time: 2017-05-19 09:04:33Z

I don't understand why 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider is required!

I have checked the mentioned website and followed the instructins (all now 32 bit) but still not working.

I don't want to install Office 64 bit since not all other Office add-ons of my workplace work with 64 bit version.

What to try next?

@helenah

Power BI gateways are 64bit so they would require 64bit drivers. You may have to install 64bit drivers.

See Power BI Gateway does not support 32 bit Access DB

@Eric_Zhang

Thank you. I also found that link after I posted and also commented it with my issue.

Since I have Office 32 bit I cannot install 64 bit Engine. I am stuck here since my company's ICT organization advises against changing my Office to 64 bit. We will still give it one try and install 64bit Engine to the enterprise gateway, do you think that helps?

What is a bit misleading is that I started using the 32 bit versions based on instructions on this page: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-access-database-errors/

I think it should state on that page that one should NOT use the 32 bit version since then one cannot do scheduled refresh 😞

I'm a little confused - in that when I go to: https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/xls/psw18vwall.xls

it immediately downloads the file and doesn't present a web page at all

so is this topic concerning a local file xls?   as I don't see any connectibility by Power BI Service to this as a web page.....

www.CahabaData.com

Hi @CahabaData,

I fetch the data as I would fetch it from a web source:

let
    Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/xls/psw18vwall.xls"), null, true),
    #"Data 1" = Source{[Name="Data 2"]}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Data 1",{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}, {"Column3", type text}, {"Column4", type text}, {"Column5", type text}, {"Column6", type text}, {"Column7", type text}, {"Column8", type text}, {"Column9", type text}, {"Column10", type text}, {"Column11", type text}, {"Column12", type text}, {"Column13", type text}}),
    #"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Changed Type", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Promoted Headers1" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Promoted Headers", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Promoted Headers2" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Promoted Headers1", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers2",{{"U.S. No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"East Coast No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"New England (PADD 1A) No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"Central Atlantic (PADD 1B) No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"Lower Atlantic (PADD 1C) No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"Midwest No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"Gulf Coast No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"Rocky Mountain No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"West Coast No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"California No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"West Coast (PADD 5) Except California No 2 Diesel Retail Prices (Dollars per Gallon)", type number}, {"Column13", type number}, {"Date", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type1"

This is not a local file and it is updated by a third party in a frequency I am not aware of (monthly). I want to always have the latest data available in my dashboard without the need to download the file as a local excel file.

If there is an alternative method of doing this, I am happy to learn.

Helena

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors