Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abhi-kharde
Frequent Visitor

How to save PBIX file to older Power BI Version ?

Hello firends!

I have a latest version of PBI Desktop at home. I have created a PBIX report file and tried to open at where I have Report server with older version. Initially iy gave me an error message, but eventually did open it. After opening it in Report server, I "saved as" pbix file on work computer. When I tried to upload on server folder for sharing, it gave me an error that "We're not able to upload this report. The report was created with a recent version of Power Bi Desktop that is not yest supported by this server". See the screen shot attached.

At work, I can not upgrade Report Server tot he newer version. Can I "save as" my PBIX file at home to older version, and then open it into Report server at work? I could not find any info on this. Can some body please help me?

unnamed.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User
2 REPLIES 2
abhi-kharde
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @d_gosbell .

I kinda suspected that I have re-create the whole report...which I dont want to do!

Anyways, I have learned my lesson and will take care of it for the next report.

Thanks and keep supporting community.

Abhi.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.