Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kalkhudary
Helper III
Helper III

YOY % Change

Hi everyone, 

I am looking into getting the YOY % change for the Price Index values. I do have the date set in a quarterly basis, so I am thinking the only way here to get it is through creating a measure. I am not sure how to write a dax that would reflect % change for each type (New Housing and residential type) - Condo Only, House only, Land only from year to year.

I have attached a sample of the dataset. Hope any one could help. Capture Power BI Question.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@kalkhudary Hi, you can do it through the quick measure option (Time intelligence ==> Year over year change)

Before that, you can split your table by category. i.e. House, Condo, and Land.

Below image for your reference. Quick measure time intelligence function.

AbbasG_0-1665899343771.png

Split the tables by category.

AbbasG_1-1665899409357.png

AbbasG_2-1665899419165.png

Output, hope it helps 🙂

AbbasG_3-1665899445729.png

View solution in original post

@kalkhudary Hi, it should work for the combined data as well. If it helped you achieve the desired output. Kindly mark it as an accepted solution.

You will need to apply visual-level filters when you want to see data only for one category.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kalkhudary
Helper III
Helper III

@AbbasG Thank you so much. I tried it and it works. Thinking if I applied the same quick measure to the combine type dataset. Wouldn't it work as well. Should it be that the aggregation picks dates and calculate or is there filters that need to be applied in this case. As I do not wish to split the 3 types in 3 tables. What do you think?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Did you get how to make it work for the combined dataset if you do not wish to have separate tables? I have the same question as yours. Thank you

If the data is in a single table, When you click on the datapoint you are now setting the filter context so that the min and max range is the same as the clicked value and it won't give you the intended result. That means you need to provide your desired min value from a different, disconnected table, which I am thinking how to do it. Will we need to create the same table query and then it works, still exploring.

@kalkhudary Hi, it should work for the combined data as well. If it helped you achieve the desired output. Kindly mark it as an accepted solution.

You will need to apply visual-level filters when you want to see data only for one category.

AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@kalkhudary Hi, you can do it through the quick measure option (Time intelligence ==> Year over year change)

Before that, you can split your table by category. i.e. House, Condo, and Land.

Below image for your reference. Quick measure time intelligence function.

AbbasG_0-1665899343771.png

Split the tables by category.

AbbasG_1-1665899409357.png

AbbasG_2-1665899419165.png

Output, hope it helps 🙂

AbbasG_3-1665899445729.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors