Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

diego_forero30
Frequent Visitor

Connection to Intrado API?

Hello there!

I'm trying to stablish an API connection to Intrado's platform, with no luck until the moment.

I've tried Json.Document(Web.Contents"URL"... etc; also tried with Web source in power query, with no results.

I have all the credentials Intrado mentions in the documentation available online, and I know those are the right credentials, which makes me think probably I'm doing something wrong in my code.

Here the example in the documentation:

The format of the call is: 

https://api.onlinexperiences.com/scripts/Server.nxp?LASCmd=AI:4;F:APIUTILS!50566
&APIUserAuthCode={YourAuthCode}
&APIUserCredentials={YourCredentials}
&ShowKey={ShowKey}
&FromDateTime={FromDate in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format}
&ToDateTime={ToDate in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format}
&ActivityTypeFilter={filter code list, in |OPTION|OPTION| format…}
&FilterUserType={0|1|-1 where 0 = attendees, 1 = exhibitors, -1 = both}

Any help will be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So, the issue I was having was produced due to the syntaxis I was using for the call, that was not written in the way as the api accepts it.

The correct way would be something like:

let

Source = Xml.Tables(Web.Contents("https://api.onlinexperiences.com/scripts/Server.nxp?LASCmd=AI:4;F:APIUTILS!50566&APIUserAuthCode=You..."))

in

Source

Where of course you have to use your own auth code, credentials and showkey.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
diego_forero30
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ibendlin,

Not really, I haven't took a look at that, because in desktop once I go to Get data -> Web I get the following:

"SQL failed. See your contact for more information."

Probably you have something in mind I could check?

That's a weird error message - are you sure this is coming from the Web.Contents step ?

Yes,
Take a look:

diego_forero30_0-1660684335947.png

In Changed Type step appears exactly the same.

Ah, so what's likely happening is that your query parameters are doing a little number on their backend (similar to an SQL Injection attack).  Remove the URL filters one by one to see when it stops breaking.

I already followed your advise, tried filter by filter, meaning removing APIUserAuthCode={YourAuthCode} &APIUserCredentials={YourCredentials} one per one, and still the result is exactly the same.

So, the issue I was having was produced due to the syntaxis I was using for the call, that was not written in the way as the api accepts it.

The correct way would be something like:

let

Source = Xml.Tables(Web.Contents("https://api.onlinexperiences.com/scripts/Server.nxp?LASCmd=AI:4;F:APIUTILS!50566&APIUserAuthCode=You..."))

in

Source

Where of course you have to use your own auth code, credentials and showkey.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What have you tried so far?  Are you aware of the Query section in Web.Contents ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors