Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

claraigg
Helper II
Helper II

how to hide the gridlines in a 100% stacked bar?

Hi folks,

I am doing a 100% stacked bar and I want to hide the gridlines. Is any workaround?

claraigg_0-1694174824062.png

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
vinodDrinkPak
Helper II
Helper II

@claraigg 

Here's a workaround to hide gridlines for a 100% stacked bar chart in Power BI:

1. Create a Blank Background Image:

• Design a blank image (e.g., a white or transparent rectangle) in an image editing software like Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, or even using PowerPoint or Word.
    • Ensure that the image dimensions match your Power BI report page dimensions.
  2. Import the Image into Power BI:

• Go to the "Home" tab in Power BI and select "Enter Data."
    • Create a new table with a single column that contains a unique identifier for each row, like numbers from 1 to N, where N is the number of rows and columns in your 100% stacked bar chart.
  3. Create a Relationship:

• Go to the "Model" view in Power BI.
    • Create a relationship between the table you just created and the table that contains the data for your 100% stacked bar chart. The relationship should connect the unique identifier in the new table to a suitable field in your data table.
  4. Add a Card Visualization:

• On your report page, add a "Card" visualization.
    • Drag the unique identifier field from the table you created in step 2 into the "Values" section of the Card visualization.
  5. Set the Background Image:

• In the Card visualization settings, go to the "Format" tab.
    • Under "Background Image," click on the dropdown and select the image you created in step 1.
  6. Adjust Card Visualization Formatting:

• Format the Card visualization to match the size and position of your 100% stacked bar chart.
  7. Place Your 100% Stacked Bar Chart:

• Add your 100% stacked bar chart on top of the Card visualization with the background image.
    • Ensure that the chart covers the entire area of the Card visualization.
  8. Format the Chart:

• Format the 100% stacked bar chart by removing any borders, lines, or gridlines.

By using this workaround, you essentially cover the gridlines with a blank background image. This gives the appearance of gridline removal. Make sure to adjust the positioning and sizing of the Card visualization and the 100% stacked bar chart to achieve the desired effect.

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

I checked mine, and that section seems to disable when you turn off the Y-axis in settings. So you could probably re-enable the Y-axis temporarily, disable gridlines, then turn it back off. 🙂

Ok, thank you. Althouh, it appears color white between bars, but it´s better than grey. Is any option to disable?

It's weird that it's on top of the bars, it should be behind - you might want to submit a screenshot with a bug report 🙂

I could do it. I need to turn on the gridlines, changed to white color and then, i turned it off.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.