Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Waterfall Chart - Sorting breakdown

Hi,

I am trying to build a waterfall chart and sort the breakdown in a specific order. I have a sort order in place for the breakdown in a table, and while the sorting works in a general table, I cannot do so in the matrix. Currently the matrix is sorting on the basis of value and not the attribute order. 

DivyaNovice_1-1684857197495.png

DivyaNovice_0-1684857167161.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

So far, to my knowledge, it may be not realizable.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Faris2024

Sorry I am not able to help> But I have question about how did you added the quarter 1 and 2 at the begging and end of the coulmn I am only able to get the total 

HoussemDhahri

Unfortunately, the sorting of breakdowns is not directly available in the current context. However, you can create a chart with Python using Plotly, which allows you to sort the breakdown data as desired.

Please let me know if you need assistance with the code implementation or any further details.

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

So far, to my knowledge, it may be not realizable.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.