Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yashh
Helper II
Helper II

Specific data

Hello Everyone, 

I wanted help whit my dashboard. I want this data to be displayed in my dashboard for the follwing material.

Yashh_0-1678454961491.png

But when i did I am  getting the follwing data back .

Yashh_1-1678455106610.png

How can I solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That is because you are using a Matrix visual. 

Question you need to ask here is do you really need to use the Matrix visual for your case? Or using Table visual will also serve your purpose?

If you can use Table visual, then you can easily opt for this option of "Don't Summarize" the values.

But if your option is only the Matrix visual then unfortunatuely, Matrix visual doesn't allow this option. So, in Matrix visual, you can't really have multiple values against one material (in your case 128) What you can do in this scenario is create a measure like this, 

Material Value = MAX(Table[Material])

Using this measure, you will be able to get the maximum value for your Material (i..e, for Material = 128, it will return max Stock value) but it will ignore all the other values.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HassanAshas
Helper V
Helper V

That is because Power BI automatically aggregates the data when you place it in a Matrix.

What you can do is go to your Fields in Power BI and then click on "Sum of Material", and then click on "Dont Summarize"

HassanAshas_0-1678455547837.png

This will fix your problem. 

@HassanAshas  

Yashh_0-1678456256638.png

i do not have a option for this.

That is because you are using a Matrix visual. 

Question you need to ask here is do you really need to use the Matrix visual for your case? Or using Table visual will also serve your purpose?

If you can use Table visual, then you can easily opt for this option of "Don't Summarize" the values.

But if your option is only the Matrix visual then unfortunatuely, Matrix visual doesn't allow this option. So, in Matrix visual, you can't really have multiple values against one material (in your case 128) What you can do in this scenario is create a measure like this, 

Material Value = MAX(Table[Material])

Using this measure, you will be able to get the maximum value for your Material (i..e, for Material = 128, it will return max Stock value) but it will ignore all the other values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.