Hi @mdatmain ,
Whenever my dataset is updated, and I press refresh on the desktop app, the new data will populate my reports; however, on the web version the report is still showing old data.
If you want to refresh the dataset in Power BI Service, it is needed to operate in Power BI Service, not in Power BI Desktop.
Please refer to this official document to learn more about data refresh in Power BI.
If your data sources are in cloud, usually you can refresh the dataset directly after configuring data source credentials.
If your data sources are in local or in cloud but behind a firewall, require a VPN, or are on virtual networks, you will need a gateway to refresh your dataset. Please refer to these official documents:
1. What is an on-premises data gateway? | Microsoft Docs
2. Install an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Docs
3. Manage an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Docs
4. Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
5. Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.