Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonfish80
Regular Visitor

'Negative values aren't supported' message but no negative values

Hello,

I'm receiving a "Negative values aren't supported" error in a circle chart I've created and I'm unsure why as I don't have any negative values within my data.  Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
parag_lokare
Advocate I
Advocate I

we have a report with new measure to count distinct  "meaure=distinctcount(Tab[col])". We want to display 0 instead of "Blank" on the CARD hence we added +0 to the measure equation "meaure=distinctcount(Tab[col]) +0".   it works great on the card. But when this measure is put on the pie chart and when there is no data, It shows the error. We decided to create a new measure without the +0 and use it on charts. The other workaround is do not use any measure, and directly use the column and with count distinct from the value agreegation

jonfish80
Regular Visitor

@v-yiruan-msft @danextian 

Thanks to you both for responding.  I found out that the issue stemmed from the relationships that I had created between my data.  For some reason I'm only able to create many-to-many relationships, however, because the data from my main Excel file (Cost Detail in the image) doesn't necessarily match what's in my two sub-files (Declined and Exception Detail), PowerBi isn't recognizing the relationship based on the transaction date (Trans Date).  The date slicer I had placed on the page (based on Cost Detail date heirarchy) wasn't correctly displaying the values from the Declined and Exception tables.  Would you know how to get that corrected?

PBi Tables.png

Hi @jonfish80

Could you please provide me the information just like the below screenshot? Thank you.

It should include the following contents:

1. The fields which used in circle chart(select the related visual--> click "Fields"pane: the field applied in tab Legend, Details and Values)

2. If these fields used any measure or calculated column? If yes, please provide the related formula

3. Which column in table these fields applied in circle chart comes from?

negative value1.jpg

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jonfish80

First, you can sort the table to validate if the table data contains any negative value. In addition, please see what types of values are used for Values tab of circle chart? Is it an aggregate value or something else? It also get the alert message “Negative values aren't supported…” even if the table itself does not contain any negative value just like my below case. It used "Variance of field name” for Values tab,  and some of the return values contain negative values… negative value1.jpg

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @jonfish80 

Have you tried going into the dataview and check if there are actuall negative values? You can use the dropdown button or sort the column that is being aggregated in your circle chart. 

Could you also please post your formula?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.