Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dan849800
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic column section based on filter

I have six columns in table and want to create two slicers based on dails and hours, if user select Dials, 'dail information' should show on wheel/ vice versa, It means if user select dails(Slicer1) first 3 columns in pic should display on wheel

if user select Hours(Slicer2) last 3 columns in pic should display on wheel.

Image.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dan849800,

For your requriement, you want create two slicer, one slicer including Dail1, Dail2, Dail3 values, and another slicer including Hour1, Hour2, Hour3 values, right? If it is, I try to reproduce your scenario as follows.

Right click Edit Query, select Dail1, Dail2, Dail3 columns->click Unpivot columns under Tranform on how page. Then select another Hour1, Hour2, Hour3 columns->click Unpivot columns, click Close and Apply, you will get the following table.

2.PNG

Create two slicers including Dail column and Hours separatly. And create table visul to display the results.

11.PNG12.PNG

For another thing, I personally suggest you create one slicer.

1. You'd better select all the columns->Unpivot columns, you will get table.

2.PNG

2. Create a slicer including Attribute column, you will get corresponding value when you select any value in the slicer.

3.png4.PNG

If you have other issues, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dan849800,

For your requriement, you want create two slicer, one slicer including Dail1, Dail2, Dail3 values, and another slicer including Hour1, Hour2, Hour3 values, right? If it is, I try to reproduce your scenario as follows.

Right click Edit Query, select Dail1, Dail2, Dail3 columns->click Unpivot columns under Tranform on how page. Then select another Hour1, Hour2, Hour3 columns->click Unpivot columns, click Close and Apply, you will get the following table.

2.PNG

Create two slicers including Dail column and Hours separatly. And create table visul to display the results.

11.PNG12.PNG

For another thing, I personally suggest you create one slicer.

1. You'd better select all the columns->Unpivot columns, you will get table.

2.PNG

2. Create a slicer including Attribute column, you will get corresponding value when you select any value in the slicer.

3.png4.PNG

If you have other issues, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

Awesome, genies.it works! , I only required two fileds in slicers (Dails/Hours), I have created calculated colum for this.

I have few more questions, if possible please share email id. Thank you again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.