Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bunta
Frequent Visitor

Create a filter/dimension for measures

Hi,

I have a number of measures in my workbook, 10, which are laid out in the order Code, Date, Measure 1, Measure 2, ... Measure 9, Measure 10 where code is the location and date is the date the date the measures was taken. They are all taken on the same date and represent different things. What i would like to do is a create a dimension for the measures that can be used in a filter to change the measure that is displayed in a table. The reason being that when it gets published and the user goes to the Power BI weblink they can't see the fields so can't change what is shown and I want to give them that ability.

Is there a way to get this done in Power BI without reformatting the data?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Could this technique work for you? http://exceleratorbi.com.au/measures-on-rows-here-is-how-i-did-it/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Could this technique work for you? http://exceleratorbi.com.au/measures-on-rows-here-is-how-i-did-it/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for this it worked for me. I had to tweak the switch formula thoguh to be sum('Table_name'[measure 1]) as it didn't recognise it with out the calucation and would only use measure I had already calculated. Apart that small tweak it worked perfectly.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.