Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mtrevisiol
Helper V
Helper V

Display continuous line in area chart

Hi everyone.

I've got this area chart:

mtrevisiol_0-1625239077904.png

On the X axis I put the calendary date, that is connected to all tables.

The orange measure represents the total sales per month for the selected item and it is a continuous line. The blue line represents the price of the same item paid to the suppliers and the purple line represents another kind of cost.

As you can see, the blue and purple line are not continuous, but they are visible only for the months in which there are some rows of purchases from the suppliers.

How can I show continuous lines also for these two fields? The ideal result would be:

mtrevisiol_1-1625239436305.png

So, for the months in which I have no purchases from the suppliers, I would like to see the last available price.

Thank you for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mtrevisiol
Helper V
Helper V

I managed to do it by using the field 'Date' instead of 'Date hierarchy' as x axis, setting 'continuous' type as parameter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mtrevisiol
Helper V
Helper V

I managed to do it by using the field 'Date' instead of 'Date hierarchy' as x axis, setting 'continuous' type as parameter.

I am looking for the option to show continuously but it is not in the x or y options. could you show a photo please

Hi,

I'm using PowerBI in italian, btw i chose this visual:

mtrevisiol_0-1681973349472.png

and I set the option "Continuous" in this part:

mtrevisiol_1-1681973380670.png

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @mtrevisiol ,

you can use a cumulative function like DATESBETWEEN to get values for each day.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

@selimovd thank you for the answer, could you explain more in detail how DATESBETWEEN can be useful for my purpose? Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.