Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

youssefyoussef
Frequent Visitor

Disable page navigation button

Hello,

I have created a page navigation button with conditional formatting for the target page. The target page is set to "None" when the button should be disabled.

I have set the text for the disabled state (under button text) but it is not triggered. When doing the same using a drillthrough button, the disabled state of the button is triggered when the target is set to "None", but not when the action type on the button is page navigation.

Try clicking on the entries in the table in Page 1 and notice the effect on the buttons on the right.

Link to sample file

Kindly inform how to set the button state to disabled when using page navigation as the action type for the button.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @v-lionel-msft 

This workaround works!

1. Use conditional formatting to change the button color and text to simulate a disabled state

2. In the page navigation conditional formatting, set the button to navigate to the same page name it is displayed on.

Still, the disabled state of the button itself is not triggered when the action is of type page navigation instead of drill through so I hope you would submit that as a bug to the product team.

Best regards,

Youssef

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @youssefyoussef ,

Please refer to my .pbix file.

v-lionel-msft_0-1597197939587.png

v-lionel-msft_1-1597197960286.pngv-lionel-msft_2-1597197974752.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear @v-lionel-msft 

This does not solve my issue. I would like to make the button disabled and make the button not clickable instead of users clicking the button and showing an error message.

If you check the drillthrough button in my sample, you will find the desired behaviour.

I tried to change the button text for the disabled state in your sample, but that text is never displayed on the button.

https://itworx-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/p/youssef_youssef/EX15T6agnD9BpiFA91d-R0oBPozNDUS5c1xlm67OSq-Ud...

Hi @youssefyoussef ,

"This does not solve my issue. I would like to make the button disabled and make the button not clickable instead of users clicking the button and showing an error message."

You just need to modify the [Active] measure.

v-lionel-msft_0-1598347499883.png

There is no feedback when you click the gray button.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-lionel-msft 

This workaround works!

1. Use conditional formatting to change the button color and text to simulate a disabled state

2. In the page navigation conditional formatting, set the button to navigate to the same page name it is displayed on.

Still, the disabled state of the button itself is not triggered when the action is of type page navigation instead of drill through so I hope you would submit that as a bug to the product team.

Best regards,

Youssef

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.