Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Keerthika
Helper I
Helper I

Configuring Data Gateway error

Hi,

I used direct query to get dataset from SQL data source. I created reports in Power Bi Desktop. I published my reports to power bi service. I have installed data gateway and configured SQL data source credentials. The connection was successful. But I couldnt view my report showing the following error,error1.PNG

I have checked all my credentials which are correct upto my knowledge. Is there any way to solve this? Any solution on this would be really helpful.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Keerthika
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Thanks all for your help. I sorted out the issue. The problem was that sql server has two instances in the same name. I created a new instance and configured gateway using that new instance.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Keerthika
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Thanks all for your help. I sorted out the issue. The problem was that sql server has two instances in the same name. I created a new instance and configured gateway using that new instance.

Thanks.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Keerthika ,

Please make sure you have the permission to use the gateway:

0010.PNG

And the connection is successful when test: (Note that authentication is same as the one you filled in desktop)

009.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft ,

I have checked all my connections.

gateway.PNG

gateway1.PNG

I cannot find what the issue is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Keerthika ,

a step that people sometimes miss is the user mapping explained well by GiaC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eATPS-c7YRU

Hope this helps,
Mark

Hi @Keerthika ,

1. Please make sure the report wasn't implemented RLS before.

2. Please make sure the database you connected under the gateway is defenitely the one you used in desktop (If there another database in the same server, it can be connected as well), nor you change the date source name.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.