Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

crwinchester
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot Present Embedded PowerBI in PowerPoint

I've discovered a bug with the PowerBI add-in in PowerPoint and need assistance: The reports I've embedded into my slides show blank when in presentation mode. When presented using PowerPoint Live they show as static images and the data within is not interactive. Furthermore, the slides are stuck loading when attempting to present via PowerPoint Web. Does Microsoft have an update coming that will allow this add-in to function correctly? Or does anyone have any insights in how to repair this broken feature? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @crwinchester ,

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID: 342583343. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Update-----

The issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
TomDuffhues
Regular Visitor

Still confirming that the PBI visuals remains a white screen when in presenting mode. So definitely not resolved. 

WillHorton
Frequent Visitor

Why is this marked as solved? It absolutely is not solved which makes the entire process of embedding in Power Point totally worthless

ugurdemir
Advocate I
Advocate I

Still not resolved 😞

Ahmed_Khalil
Frequent Visitor

i have same issue here, has it been resolved

crwinchester
Helper I
Helper I

Also, the same issue is present with the Cameo block inserted into PowerPoint. My guess is that presentation mode breaks all the new features MS is trying to add (and evidently is not testing before release 🙄).

TomDuffhues
Regular Visitor

I still have this issue, has it been resolved? I know there is 'something' as anything behind the powerbi visual is not visible in the presentation mode.

Latest O365 powerpoint installed and powerbi visual addin. 

TrentGoforth

Is there a solution to this.  I get a blank area when I use presentation mode in PowerPoint

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @crwinchester ,

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID: 342583343. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Update-----

The issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hello, I don't see the solution in here. I consider it is not solved. I searched in the internet and could not find a solution.
Can you publish the solution please?

I agree with you, the same issue.

With the december update of PowerBI it has not been resolved. Do I need to update O365, if so, to what version. 

I still have the issue that I can't show the live data in presentation mode, which forces me to convert it to a static picture... 

Please raise the issue again. 

Thanks so much for your reply @v-tangjie-msft . I appreciate the confirmation of the issue and look forward to it's resolution.

btw, this has not been resolved!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.