Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Mogren7
Frequent Visitor

undefined

IMG_6231.jpeg

I'm encountering an issue with one of my visuals in Power BI, and I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot it. When trying to use the visual, I'm getting the following error message:

"This visual is not supported in the following scenarios: Live connect to non user-authenticated Embed, Publish to web and Power BI Report Server. See details."

I've tried searching for solutions online, but I'm still unsure how to resolve this issue. Could someone please provide guidance on how to troubleshoot and fix this problem?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mogren7 ,

The vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service support publishing to the Web; however, publishing to the Web does not currently support or offer the following types of reports:

- Reports that use any real-time connected data source, including locally hosted Analysis Services tables, Analysis Services multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.

- Publish to Web Reporting does not currently support ‘R’ and Python visual objects.

- Licence enforcement for custom visual objects.

- Unauthenticated visual objects from an organisation's stored unauthenticated visual objects when the organisation's global tenant is switched to an unauthenticated visual object.

- The user who created the embed code needs to maintain access to the report for the embed code to work properly. This includes requiring a Pro or Premium Per User licence as required by the workspace.

- Paginated reports.

- Multiple language reports.

Further restrictions can be found in the documentation: Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response. Before the last update, I didn't encounter any issues with publishing my report to the web. However, after the latest update, I started receiving the error message mentioned in my initial post.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
OCT PBI Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - October 2024

Check out the October 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

October NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - October 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors